Friday, December 31, 2010

Dave Hansen's Official Party Resignation e-mail December 29, 2010

                                                           State Party Secretary Christy Achziger
Here is the "official" e-mail sent out by Dave Hansen announcing his resignation.  Note the resignation of  State Party Secretary Christy Achziger on January 22, as well.  This has not been previously noted on this blog.


URP Officer Resignations


Dear Friends,

As you may have heard, I recently announced that I would be resigning as Chairman of the Utah Republican Party at the January 22, 2011 State Central Committee meeting.  The purpose of making the announcement early was to allow time for those who want to fill the vacancy to announce their intentions and campaign among the Central Committee members prior to the January 22 meeting.

My intention when I was elected in 2009 to serve the entire term.  However, circumstances have required me to tender my resignation early. 

Serving as your party Chairman has been one of the greatest experiences of my life.  I cannot thank all of you enough for the assistance you have provided to the party, your dedication to Republican principles, and your desire to see our party and our candidates succeed. 

I value the friendships I have made and those that I have strengthened from this opportunity.  Thank you all very much for allowing me the privilege of serving with you.

Sincerely,

Dave Hansen, Chairman
Utah Republican Party

NOTE: State Party Vice Chair Kitty Dunn and State Party Secretary Christy Achziger will also resign effective the January 22 Central Committee.  Details on the election process as well as candidates who have declared their intent to run can be found at www.utgop.org/events/event/96.

No comments: